Girl Scout Dump Cake
- 2 (18 1/2 ounce) boxes white or yellow cake mix
- 3 (29 ounce) cans fruit cocktail
or other canned fruit
- 3/4 pound margarine
- Pour fruit into cast iron Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over fruit.
- Dot margarine
on top of cake mix.
- Cover tightly, set in coals of campfire, putting coals on lid
also, and let cook until cake is lightly browned. Rotate Dutch oven one quarter
turn every 15 minutes for even cooking, especially if the active fire is only on
one side of the Dutch oven.
Recipe can be halved easily.