Grilled Mushroom Salad
- 1 pound large white mushrooms, such as shiitake or portobello
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Light the grill.
- Remove and discard a slice from the bottom of each mushroom stem. If the caps
are sandy, wipe them with a clean cloth.
- Brush the mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- When the coals turn gray, set the mushrooms, rounded sides down, on the grill
and cook them for 8 to 10 minutes, turning them often. The mushrooms are done when they begin to release some of their liquid and collapse a little.
- Remove mushrooms from the grill and cut some of the largest mushrooms in half. If the mushrooms are very large, you can slice them.
- Let the mushrooms cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, whisking constantly until it is all
- Pour the dressing over the mushrooms, then cover them tightly with plastic
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with Parmesan, parsley and more salt and pepper if you
like, and serve with grilled bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.