- Family size package (8) skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can sliced pineapple
- 1 (12 ounce) jar favorite barbecue sauce
- Maraschino cherries
- Place four chicken breasts on the bottom of a Dutch oven.
- Use half of the sliced
pineapple to place on top of the breasts, pouring all the juice over the chicken.
- Pour half of the barbecue sauce on top of the chicken.
- Place another layer (the
remaining four breasts) on top of the previous chicken/pineapple layer.
- Layer again
with the remaining pineapple slices, placing a cherry in the center of each pineapple
- Pour the remaining barbecue sauce on top.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven on the coals and cover the top of the oven with coals. Cooking
time is 30 to 45 minutes. Remove lid and check at about 20 minutes.
- When finished,
make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.
- Place the empty oven back on the coals to clean (burn) it out.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes