Hawaiian Sausage and Rice
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage (halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice (do not drain)
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix (with seasoning packet)
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Heat a 12-inch Dutch oven.
- In a small pan bring the water and butter to boil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Dutch oven (including the contents of the
seasoning packet) and add the boiling water. Mix well and cover.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Use 10 coals under the oven and 14 coals on the lid.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.