Hawaiian Sausage and Rice
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage (halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices)
medium green bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper,
chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened
juice (do not drain)
- 1 (6.2 ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice
mix (with seasoning packet)
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Heat a 12-inch Dutch oven.
- In a small pan bring the water and butter to boil.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Dutch oven (including the contents of the
seasoning packet) and add the boiling water. Mix well and cover.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Use 10 coals under the oven and 14 coals on the lid.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.