Also known as hobo stew, this is a good recipe for hikers and campers.
- 4 (1 pound) metal coffee cans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or margarine
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- Shape meat in 4 patties; place 1 patty in each of 4 lightly greased coffee cans.
- Top each patty with 3 tomato slices and 1/4 can of corn.
- Salt and pepper and dot of margarine.
- Cover each can with foil.
- Place cans on grill 3 to 4 inches from coals.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir Bisquick and milk together.
- Drop by spoonful into each can.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover, then cook 10 minutes longer.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes