Also known as hobo stew, Hobo Hike is a good recipe for hikers and campers.
- 4 (1 pound) metal coffee cans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- Shape meat in 4 patties; place 1 patty in each of 4 lightly greased coffee cans.
- Top each patty with 3 tomato slices and 1/4 can of corn.
- Salt and pepper and dot of butter.
- Cover each can with foil.
- Place cans on grill 3 to 4 inches from coals.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir Bisquick and milk together.
- Drop by spoonful into each can.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover, then cook 10 minutes longer.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.