Mountain Man Breakfast
- 1 package shredded cheese (your choice)
- 2 packages hash browns
- 1 1/2 dozen eggs
- 1 jar bacon bits or 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Spices, as desired
- Add oil to preheated Dutch oven.
- Brown hash browns.
- While hash browns are browning, mix the eggs and bacon bits together. Season with desired spices.
- When hash browns are done, add the egg mixture on top of hash browns in the Dutch oven.
- Bake until eggs start to set then add the cheese to top.
- Put lid on and let the cheese melt.
Photo credit: Lodge Cast Iron