Outdoor Split Pea Soup
- 1 cup split peas
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 /4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Before leaving home or base camp, pre-mix all ingredients and place in a durable
plastic bag or well-sealed container.
- When ready to cook, add 3 cups water to a small pot, and bring to boil.
- Add pre-packaged ingredients and boil 30-45 minutes, depending on your elevation. If desired, add a few pieces of diced bacon or jerky to the pot. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- Serve when thick.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.