Pecan Granola Trail Mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly coat a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nut, brown sugar and flax seed.
- In a separate bowl whisk together honey, canola oil, salt and vanilla extract.
Combine both mixtures, stirring well to coat. Spread mixture onto pan.
- Bake 30- 40 minutes (or until lightly brown), stirring every 5-7 minutes with
a large spatula to break large chunks and for even browning.
- Remove from oven, stir in chocolate chips and dried cranberries and mix well.
Allow granola to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
- To make granola bars, mix all ingredients together, press into a jelly roll pan
and cut into bars immediately after removing from the oven.
- Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 14 (1/4 cup) cups servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.