Picnic Meal in a Jug
- 1 (10 ounce) package wheel macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or juice
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons MSG or Accent
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding bay leaf to salted water.
Do not overcook; drain.
- Brown meat and onion in large skillet until meat is broken into pieces.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Simmer for 30 minutes,
- Mix with macaroni and cheese.
- Pour into a 1-gallon vacuum bottle.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes