Pineapple Pepper Beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple pieces
- 4-8 ounces summer sausage
- Garlic powder
- Heat Dutch oven and lid over fire.
- Chop pepper, onion and tomato.
- Cut sausage lengthwise, then slice into thin pieces.
- Pour beans into Dutch oven; add tomatoes, onion, peppers, sausage, pineapple
and brown sugar. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder and stir.
- Place over medium heat and add coals to top. Bring beans to gentle bubble and
let cook 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. If heat on bottom is too hot, sticking will be a problem.
Serves 4 to 6
Stir in a can of Dr Pepper for a different taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.