Pita Pocket Breakfast
- 1 pound sausage (pork, turkey or ground beef)
- 1 medium onion, minced
tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper,
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 jar salsa
- 6 medium pita breads
- Heat Dutch oven with 12 coals on the bottom.
- Brown sausage, then drain fat, saving 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in onion, garlic and
bell pepper; sauté with sausage.
- Add eggs and sausage fat and cook together until
eggs are scrambled.
- Spoon into pita pockets, and top with salsa to taste.
Make-ahead Tip: Brown sausage and sauté garlic onions and peppers in advance,
refrigerate or freeze in zip-type bags. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil when cooking
in camp instead of sausage fat.