Pita Pocket Breakfast
- 1 pound sausage (pork, turkey or ground beef)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 jar salsa
- 6 medium pita breads
- Heat Dutch oven with 12 coals on the bottom.
- Brown sausage, then drain fat, saving 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in onion, garlic and bell pepper; sauté with sausage.
- Add eggs and sausage fat and cook together until eggs are scrambled.
- Spoon into pita pockets, and top with salsa to taste.
Make-ahead Tip: Brown sausage and sauté garlic onions and peppers in advance,
refrigerate or freeze in zip-type bags. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil when cooking
in camp instead of sausage fat.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.