Polish Cabbage Rolls (Golabki)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork or turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove core from cabbage. Scald cabbage in boiling water and remove leaves as
- Sauté onions in butter very lightly, but do not brown. Combine with the meats,
rice, eggs and seasonings. Mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture in center of cabbage leaf and roll.
- Wrap in bacon strips and insert wooden picks to hold together.
- Place in bottom of a heavy Dutch oven.
- Pour tomato sauce over rolls, then squeeze tomatoes from can and arrange on
top of rolls.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes