Pork Chop and Pineapple Pie
This is packet cooking at its finest. Pork chops, onion, bell pepper and pineapple
are drizzled with teriyaki sauce, then cooked directly in the coals.
- 1 boneless pork chop per person
- 1 slice red onion per person
- 1 slice green bell pepper per person
- 2 canned pineapple slices per person
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce per person
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter per person
- Salt and pepper
- For each serving, lay a pork chop on a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Top each chop with the onion, green pepper and pineapple slices.
- Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
- Top with the margarine or butter and sprinkle generously with salt
- Wrap tightly in foil, rolling ends to completely seal the package.
- Freeze or refrigerate.
- When ready to eat, place packages directly in coals for 15 to 20 minutes. Check
to see if the pork chop is cooked through; rewrap and cook a little longer, if necessary.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen