Roast in the Coals
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) sirloin tip roast
- 1 (6 ounce) jar prepared mustard
- 1 cup salt
- Prepare campfire so you have a good bed of hot embers. You should have a large,
wide fire so the coals can be raked up as needed.
- Smear meat with mustard and pat salt into mustard until it can hold no more.
- Lay roast in coals, raking embers around it. Turn roast after 45 minutes.
- Cook another 45 minutes for rare (140 degrees F), 60 minutes for medium (160 degrees
F) and 75 minutes for well done (170 degrees F) on meat thermometer.
- Remove from coals and knock off black crust.
Source: Cooking Down the Road by Joan Prins
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes