- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 2-3 medium potatoes, shredded
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 4-5 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 strips bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 4 onions, sliced
- Light 25 briquettes to red hot.
- Cut round steak into individual size servings. Place in a heavy-duty plastic
bag with a few teaspoon flour and pound until thin.
- Cook bacon in Dutch oven over 10-12 coals, leaving bacon grease on bottom.
- Brown steak, in Dutch oven with bacon grease, on one side until brown. Turn over and quickly
brown other side.
- While meat is cooking, place equal amounts of vegetables on top of each steak
piece, peppers and onions on top.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour in water, cover and simmer.
- Leave 5 coals below and place 12-15 coals on top of oven.
- Steam until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- When done, remove steak together with vegetables as a single stack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.