- 1 cup dehydrated strawberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup biscuit and baking mix
- All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Let strawberries reconstitute in 1/2 cup water, cognac and brown sugar.
- In bowl, mix baking mix (such as Bisquick) with 1/2 cup water.
- Knead handsful/portions
in flour, spread flat and place in an oiled deep-dish frying pan or shallow cooking
- Add "glob" of reconstituted strawberries to one side of dough and
flip opposite side over top.
- Press down on the corners to seal.
- Cover pan and let
bake at low temperature for 7-8 minutes.
Source: Adapted from The Happy Camper: An Essential Guide to Life Outdoors
by Kevin Callan