- 1 cup dehydrated strawberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup biscuit and baking mix
- All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Let strawberries reconstitute in 1/2 cup water, cognac and brown sugar.
- In bowl, mix baking mix (such as Bisquick) with 1/2 cup water.
- Knead handsful/portions in flour, spread flat and place in an oiled deep-dish frying pan or shallow cooking pot.
- Add "glob" of reconstituted strawberries to one side of dough and flip opposite side over top.
- Press down on the corners to seal.
- Cover pan and let bake at low temperature for 7-8 minutes.
Source: Adapted from The Happy Camper: An Essential Guide to Life Outdoors
by Kevin Callan
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.