Tarragon Tuna Casserole
- 1/2 pound flat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons dried peas (can use split peas)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can tuna
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Before leaving home or base camp, place noodles in a sealed container, then mix
all ingredients except tuna and place in a durable plastic bag, within the noodle
- When ready to cook, add 3 cups water to a small pot, and bring to boil.
- Add noodles
and boil until tender (10-20 minutes, depending on your elevation and noodle size).
- Drain most of excess water, and add dry ingredients to pot, stirring well. Add
a little more water as necessary.
- Open and drain tuna, then add to noodle casserole,
continuing to stir while heating over low heat 5 more minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Camping and Hiking Recipes