Wild West Ribs
- 5 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chili sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 12-inch Dutch oven, mix ketchup, Tabasco sauce, chili sauce, onion, vinegar,
salt, molasses and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add ribs and mix with sauce. Cover.
- Place 12 briquettes on bottom and 24 on top.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is
very tender, about 1 to 2 hours. During cooking, add new coals on top and bottom
as needed to keep the heat up.
- With baster, siphon fat from oven juices and discard.
Serves 6 to 8