Kentucky Bourbon Balls
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup good bourbon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 pound butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate
- Soak chopped pecans in bourbon overnight or longer in an airtight container.
- Using a strainer, drain remaining bourbon from pecans; mix the liquid with
1 pound confectioners' sugar.
- Cream the remaining 1 pound confectioners' sugar with 1/4 pound butter.
- Combine the two mixes and blend well. Add the pecans and combine thoroughly.
- Chill mixture until firm, then roll into small (1 inch or smaller) balls.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet, then place in freezer; leave until frozen
- Carefully melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Working in small batches, dip the frozen bourbon balls in the melted chocolate
and place on parchment paper until chocolate is firm.
- Store in a sealed container in a cool place.
Yield: about 12 dozen
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Ball Recipes