Orange Coconut Creams
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup real butter, cubed
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (4 ounce) bars German sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk mixture; beat until smooth.
- Add the coconut and orange extract; mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls; place on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, combine the chips, chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Dip balls into chocolate.
- Place on wax paper until set.