Puffed Rice Balls
- 1 (6 ounce) box puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place puffed rice in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan and cook until mixture reaches
soft-ball stage (see note).
- While stirring constantly, pour mixture over puffed rice. Continue to stir
until cereal is completely coated.
- Grease hands with butter and roll mixture into balls when cool enough to
- Cover with plastic wrap.
Soft-ball stage means to heat the syrup to 234-240 degrees F. It is at
this point that a small amount of syrup, when dropped into very cold water, forms
a soft ball that flattens after it's removed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Ball Recipes