- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut (17 ounce bag)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, 1 1/4 cups of the coconut and the spices.
Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture pulls away from the sides
of the saucepan (about 18 to 20 minutes).
- Turn mixture onto a buttered platter. Allow to cool.
- Using about 2 teaspoons of the mixture, shape into a ball or oblong shape.
- Continue until all the mixture is used.
- Roll the balls in the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut to coat.
- Cover and store the candy in the refrigerator.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen pieces