Super Liqueur Balls
These are an adults-only candy!
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 10 to 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups finely crushed toasted almonds
- In a bowl mix wafers, sugar, almond paste, liqueurs and syrup, making sure
that the paste is well blended.
- Press mix into pie plate, and refrigerate until firm enough to form balls,
about 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over simmering water.
- Roll mix into small balls, stick with a wooden pick, then dip into melted
chocolate coating evenly.
- Roll gently in toasted almonds then place on large trays to harden.
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.