Utterly Decadent Rum Balls
- 4 packages Christies "Nilla" wafers
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 12 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup almond paste, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups dark rum (or Grand Marnier)
- Crush wafers to VERY fine crumbs in a LARGE bowl (I use my stockpot).
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into the Nilla Wafer crumbs and stir to mix.
- In another bowl, melt the chocolate. Add the whipping cream and salt. Mix
well by a hand mixer.
- Melt slowly in a double boiler the butter and almost paste. Add the dark
rum or Grand Marnier.
- Glom the whole mess (crumbs, icing sugar, chocolate cream, butter, etc.)
together. Make sure to stir thoroughly and put aside to chill.
- Scoop out by rounded tablespoons of dough rolly rolly rolly then rolly rolly
rolly in chocolate shot or sprinkles or icing sugar.
Best eaten at room temperature!
Theoretically these will keep in cookie tin or will freeze well. Never had them
last that long!
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by teddym.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Candy Ball Recipes