This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Candy Bar Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, chocolate-covered candy bar pieces (pieces should be about 1/2 inch in size)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium
speed until mixture looks fluffy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Beat in the egg and
vanilla extract. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula
once during this mixing.
- Decrease the mixer speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing just until flour
is incorporated. Gently mix in candy bar pieces.
- Drop batter by large tablespoons on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes, until tops
of cookies are light golden. Reverse baking sheets from top to bottom and front
to back after 7 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Cool cookies 1 minute on baking sheets,
then remove to a wire rack while still warm.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/2/2001 8:12 am.