This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cream Cheese Snickers Candy Bar Pie
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, baked and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) Snickers Bars, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Salted peanuts, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Separate the eggs. Sprinkle the gelatine over cold water in a small saucepan
and let stand until softened, about 4 minutes; dissolve over very low heat, stirring.
- Melt candy bars in top of double boiler over simmering water; add peanut butter
and blend with a wooden spoon until smooth; cool.
- Beat cream cheese with 2 egg yolks thoroughly; gradually add confectioners'
sugar, beating well.
- Blend in cocoa, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, candy bar
mix and then the dissolved gelatine; mix all well.
- Chill until partially thickened, stirring one or two times.
- Stiffly beat the room temperature egg whites with the salt; fold into chilled
mix, then fold in the whipped heavy cream; turn into cooled pastry shell and chill
- Decorate with chopped peanuts and additional whipped cream if desired.