This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fried Candy Bars
The miniature candy bars work very well for this recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Candy bars (Mars, Snickers, Almond Joy, Kit Kat or Twix)
- Chill or freeze the candy bars.
- Combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a cup.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into
the dry ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Cover and chill for a few minutes while the oil heats.
- Remove batter from the refrigerator and adjust the consistency if necessary.
- Heat about 4 cups of oil or shortening to 375 degrees F.
- Dip the chilled candy bar
into the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden.
- Remove and drain on brown paper.
- Allow to cool for a minute as the inside can easily
burn your mouth.