This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Frosted Milky Way Brownies
Be careful when melting the candy bars; they require low heat and steady stirring
to get the lumps out. The frosting for these brownies is so easy and fast, you may
want to keep it in mind for other recipes.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 13 fun-size Milky Way bars, chopped into thirds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fun-size Milky Way bars
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brownies: Combine candy bars with 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan. Cover and stir over
very low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into
batter. Spread into buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges
pull away from sides of pan. Let cool.
- Frosting: Melt candy bars with butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring
- Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and water, beating
until creamy. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares.