This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Frozen Milky Way Mousse
- 15 "Fun size" Milky Way Bars (or 36 miniatures or 5 regular size), divided
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- Chop 10 candy bars, yielding about 1 1/3 cups. Combine with 1/2 cup of the cream
and chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Cook,
stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and combined. Set bowl aside to cool.
- In another bowl combine vanilla extract with remaining 2 cups of cream; beat
until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into chocolate mixture. Pour 1/2 of mixture into
a 1 1/2-quart freezer-proof bowl.
- Coarsely chop 2 candy bars, yielding about 1/3 cup. Sprinkle over mousse. Top
with remaining mousse.
- Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Thaw slightly at room temperature before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Chop remaining candy bars, yielding about 1/3 cup.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped candy.