This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Giant Chocolate-Toffee Cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 (1.4 ounce) chocolate-covered English toffee bars (such as Heath), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Stir chocolate
and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth.
Remove from over water. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in bowl until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts.
- Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or wax
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupsful onto sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake just
until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
Makes about 18.
Source: Bon Appetit - March 2000