This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Heath Bar Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups macaroons, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 Heath bars*, coarsely chopped
- Layer the bottom of an 8-inch round springform pan with 1 1/4 cups of the macaroons.
Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over the crumbs. Sprinkle 4 of the crushed Heath
bars over the ice cream. Dribble 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons
of the Kahlua over chocolate ice cream. Cover with remaining macaroons. Top evenly
with vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle remaining crushed Heath bars over ice cream, then
the chocolate syrup and Kahlua.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the blade of a kitchen knife around the edges of the
pan, remove the sides and place the ice cream cake on a serving platter. Slice and
* Place Heath bars in freezer until frozen. They are then easily broken with
Variations: Other cookies, such as chocolate wafers or vanilla cookies can
be used instead of macaroons. Different variations of chocolate ice cream, such
as chocolate-almond can be used.