Cherry Mash Candy
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 pound salted, chopped peanuts
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallows and butter. Cook over medium heat.
When at boiling point, stir and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cherry
chips and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch pan and chill.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Remove from heat and add peanuts. Pour
over first mixture and chill.
Makes one 13 x 9-inch pan.