This may also be used for centers for dipped candy.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed, drained pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon preserved ginger
- 1/2 cup broken pecan meats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring whipping cream to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Remove from heat and stir
in brown sugar, sugar and crushed, drained, pineapple until sugars are dissolved.
- Put on heat again, then stir constantly until these ingredients boil. Cover and
cook for about 3 minutes until the steam washes down any crystals which may have
formed on the sides of the pan.
- Uncover, and cook over low heat, stirring only if necessary, to the soft-ball
stage (238 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Cool to 110 degrees F.
- Beat until creamy. Pour into a shallow buttered pan.
- Cut into squares before it is cold.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes