As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or light cream
- 2/3 cup peanuts, toasted, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar and milk or cream. Bring the mixture to
a boil, and simmer until it forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water (soft-ball
stage on a candy thermometer).
- Remove the pan from the heat, and beat the mixture until it is thick and creamy.
- Sprinkle the nuts with the salt, and stir them into the mixture.
- Turn the mixture out onto a buttered baking sheet.
- Let it cool until it is just warm to the touch before cutting it into 1-inch squares.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes