Pina Colada Creams
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1/4 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a 3-quart heavy saucepan, over low heat, combine sugar with milk and corn
syrup, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to boiling; simmer until mixture registers
228 degrees F on a candy thermometer, melting sugar crystals as they form at edge
of mixture with a wet pastry brush.
- Remove pan from heat. Add butter, without stirring; cool mixture to 110 degrees
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Pour cooled candy mixture into the large bowl of an electric mixer. Add coconut
and pineapple extracts. At medium speed, beat until candy loses its gloss.
a spoon, stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate. Pour mixture into the prepared
pan. Refrigerate candy until set.
- With hands, roll about 1 teaspoonful mixture into a ball. Dip into melted chocolate.
- Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet until chocolate sets.
Makes about 7 dozen creams.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes