- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons frozen raspberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Knox gelatine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray, then line with parchment paper. Sprinkle
paper with colored or superfine sugar.
- Stir together 1/4 cup raspberry juice and the gelatine. Let set until gelatine
- Place sugar, corn syrup and the remaining juice in saucepan. Heat, stirring until
sugar dissolves. Attach candy thermometer; cook, not stirring, for 6 minutes or
until mixture reaches 250 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatine mixture.
- Beat egg white to soft peaks. Slowly add hot sugar mixture and extract, beating
all the while. Increase speed to high and beat for 5 minutes until stiff peaks form
and mixture is room temperature. Put into a pastry bag fitted with a large star
tip. Pipe onto prepared pan in small dollops. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Let stand,
uncovered, overnight to dry.
Can also be spread into a 9 x 13-inch parchment-lined pan.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Boiled Candy Recipes