Rose-Flavored Turkish Delight Candy
Yield: 24 servings
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon rose flavoring
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch (or more)
- Bring gelatine, sugar and water to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add rose flavoring and red food coloring. Strain into buttered pan and chill 24 hours.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and cornstarch. Cover a slab with the mixture.
- Turn candy out onto slab. Cut into 1 inch squares, being careful not to let them touch each other. Roll each in sugar mixture, and pack in an airtight container with remainder of sugar mix.