Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Yield: about 8 dozen bonbons
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, melt peanut butter together with butter. Do this over very low heat. This can also be done in the microwave; just watch it carefully.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with rice cereal.
- Pour hot peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture. Let cool for a couple minutes, then blend with your hands. Form 1/2-inch balls.
- Immediately place the dish of peanut butter balls into the refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile melt butterscotch chips in a pan over low heat or in a double boiler.
- Melt the chocolate chips in another pan on low flame or double boiler.
- When candy balls have cooled completely, dip half the bonbon in the melted chocolate, and the other half in the melted butterscotch. Swirl the tops with the back of a teaspoon to give a pretty effect.
- Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Chill well before serving.