Soft, chewy and rich with butter and apple flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Danish Creamery Butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar,
corn syrup, salt, sweetened condensed milk and apple juice concentrate. Cook
over medium heat stirring frequently to prevent scorching until the temperature
of the mixture reaches 248 degrees F (firm ball stage). Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Allow to completely cool.
- Turn candy out of pan and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Wrap each piece in 2
3/4-3-inch squares of nonstick aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- Store in airtight container.
Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes