Apple Caramels are soft, chewy and rich with butter and apple flavor.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Danish Creamery Butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- Prepare a 9 inch square pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, salt, sweetened condensed milk and apple juice concentrate. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently to prevent scorching until the temperature of the mixture reaches 248 degrees F (firm ball stage). Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Allow to completely cool.
- Turn candy out of pan and cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Wrap each piece in 2 3/4 to 3 inch squares of nonstick aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Challenge Home Economist