Buttery Nut Caramels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes!)
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Butter a 9-inch square pan and set aside (do not over-butter or the caramels
will be greasy).
- Melt butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown
sugar and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until combined. Using a candy thermometer,
cook to 248 degrees F (about 25 minutes), stirring occasionally (the mixture
will be very bubbly).
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and nuts.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let candy cool completely before cutting
into 1-inch squares.
- Wrap each square in wax paper or plastic wrap and store in an airtight container
at room temperature.
Makes about 2 pounds (about 64 pieces).
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and wrap caramels. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry
place up to 2 weeks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes