Buttery Pecan Caramels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half, divided
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup real sweet cream butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 64 pecan halves
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan combine sugar, 1 cup of the half-and-half, corn
syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
until mixture comes to a full boil (7 to 8 minutes).
- Add remaining 1 cup half-and-half; continue cooking, stirring often, until
small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball or candy thermometer
reaches 245 degrees F (35 to 40 minutes).
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan. Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 1 l/2
- Cut into 64 pieces.
- Drop 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate on top of each caramel; press pecan half
- Store refrigerated.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes