As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients except vanilla extract in a heavy saucepan. Cover
and boil for 5 minutes; uncover. Boil to firm-ball stage, 247 degrees F.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup chopped nutmeats if desired.
- Pour into a buttered 10 x 6-inch pan.
- When cold, cut into 1-inch squares.
- Wrap in wax paper.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes