Chocolate Dipped Caramels with Sea Salt
These beautiful chocolate-dipped caramels sprinkled with a hint of sea salt are the perfect hostess gift for your next party or holiday gift giving – sweet, salty and sophisticated, but a cinch to make!
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 1 min | Yield: 25
- 1 (6 ounce) cup Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package - about 25 pieces - soft and chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped *
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; cool slightly.
- Dip caramel pieces, using a fork, into melted chocolate. Shake off or scrape excess chocolate against side of bowl.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
* 25 square caramels can be substituted for the rectangular caramels.
1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Milk Chocolate Morsels can be substituted for the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Melt milk chocolate morsels at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power.
Amount of candies made may vary pending size of caramels used. If there is any melted chocolate remaining after dipping caramels, try dipping pretzels or potato chips!
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com