Chocolate Dipped Caramels with Sea Salt
These beautiful chocolate-dipped caramels sprinkled with a hint of sea salt are
the perfect hostess gift for your next party or holiday gift giving – sweet, salty
and sophisticated, but a cinch to make!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (6 ounce) cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package - about 25 pieces - soft and chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped *
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. The morsels may retain some of
their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second
intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; cool slightly.
- Dip caramel pieces, using a fork, into melted chocolate. Shake off or scrape
excess chocolate against side of bowl.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 1 min | Servings: 25
* 25 square caramels can be substituted for the rectangular caramels.
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels can be substituted
for the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Melt milk chocolate morsels at MEDIUM-HIGH
Amount of candies made may vary pending size of caramels used. If there is any
melted chocolate remaining after dipping caramels, try dipping pretzels or potato
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes