Ginger Cream Caramels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh, finely grated ginger
- Line an 8-inch pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil
over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Insert candy thermometer into mixture
and attach to side of Dutch oven. Cook, stirring frequently, until thermometer
reads 230 degrees F. At this point, it is important to watch the mixture carefully.
Begin stirring constantly until thermometer registers 245 degrees F (firm ball
- Immediately pour mixture into pan. Do not scrape Dutch oven. Let stand for
6 to 8 hours until cool and set.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil. With large knife, cut caramel
into 64 pieces.
- Wrap each piece individually.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes