Ginger Cream Caramels
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh, finely grated ginger
- Line an 8 inch pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Insert candy thermometer into mixture and attach to side of Dutch oven. Cook, stirring frequently, until thermometer reads 230 degrees F. At this point, it is important to watch the mixture carefully. Begin stirring constantly until thermometer registers 245 degrees F (firm ball stage).
- Immediately pour mixture into pan. Do not scrape Dutch oven. Let stand for 6 to 8 hours until cool and set.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil. With large knife, cut caramel into 64 pieces.
- Wrap each piece individually.