- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix margarine, sugar and corn syrup in a 2 1/2-quart or larger microwave
safe bowl. Cook in microwave on HIGH power for 5 minutes.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk and cook an additional 10 minutes on HIGH.
Stir occasionally (dark spots and a “curdled” appearance are okay).
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13-inch pan. Cool well.
- Cut into squares.
- Wrap in wax paper and store in refrigerator.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 7:27:22pm 4/23/03.