- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix margarine, sugar and corn syrup in a 2 1/2 quart or larger microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave on HIGH power for 5 minutes.
- Blend in sweetened condensed milk and cook for an additional 10 minutes on HIGH. Stir occasionally (dark spots and a “curdled” appearance are okay).
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan. Cool well.
- Cut into squares.
- Wrap in wax paper and store in refrigerator.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 7:27:22pm 4/23/03.