Elegant, delicious, and incredibly easy to make. These treats are packed with
the chewy goodness you'd expect from caramel, but they offer the sweet comfort and
familiar flavor of a homemade pumpkin pie. Enjoy them individually or melt and drizzle
some over fresh-picked apples for an unforgettable caramel apple experience.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter (salted)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 cups (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan by lightly buttering it or lining with parchment
- In heavy 2 to 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar
and spices: thoroughly blend.
- Add corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin, stirring well after
- Continue to cook over medium heat stirring frequently to prevent scorching
until the temperature of the mixture reaches 248 degrees F (firm ball stage).
- Remove from heat and pour mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- When cool, turn candy out of pan and cut into 3/4-inch squares.
- Wrap individual pieces in 2 3/4 to 3-inch squares of nonstick aluminum foil
or wax paper.
- Store in an airtight container.
One teaspoon pumpkin pie spice could be substituted for cinnamon, ground ginger
and ground allspice.
Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes