Toasted Pecan Caramels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; spray with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pecans on baking sheet; bake for 5 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted;
set aside 1/2 cup.
- Place remaining pecans in prepared pan.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan over low heat. Add remaining
ingredients; stir to mix. Increase heat to medium; bring to boil, stirring frequently.
Insert candy thermometer into mixture and attach to side of Dutch oven. Cook,
stirring frequently, until thermometer reads 230 degrees F. At this point, it
is important to watch the mixture carefully. Begin stirring constantly until
thermometer registers 248 degrees F (firm ball stage).
- Immediately pour mixture into pan. Do not scrape Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Let stand for 6 to 8 hours until cool and set.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil. With large knife, cut caramel
into 64 pieces.
- Wrap each piece individually.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Caramel Recipes