Cherry Mash Candy Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 12 large marshmallows
- Dash of salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine butter or margarine, sugar, evaporated milk, marshmallows, and salt in
saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherry
chips and vanilla extract, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips, then add the chopped peanuts and peanut butter. Stir until
well blended. Spread evenly over the top of the first layer.
- Chill until firm, then cut into bite-size squares.