Cherry Mountain Candy Bars
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 12 regular marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package white chocolate chips*
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces crushed salted peanuts
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In large saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, marshmallows and 1/2 cup butter.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally./li>
- Remove from heat. Add white chocolate chips, cherry extract and vanilla extract. Pour into
- Melt chocolate chips; add crushed peanuts, peanut butter and 1 tablespoon butter
and mix well. Spread evenly over cherry mixture.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Store in cool place.
* You can substitute cherry chips for the white chocolate chips. If you do, then
do not use the cherry extract.