Chocolate Covered Cherries
If you store these, they will make the juice around the cherry, just like the
ones you buy in the store.
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 3 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
* Almond extract may be substituted, if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk,
vanilla extract and sugar. Knead dough, and form it into balls with a cherry wrapped
in the middle. The balls should be approximately the size of walnuts.
- Place balls in the freezer to chill.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening together.
- Dip the cooled balls into the chocolate.
- Let cool on parchment paper.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: gregor_bug
>> Confection Recipes