This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Covered Cherries
If you store these, they will make the juice around the cherry, just like the
ones you buy in the store.
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 3 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 3 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon shortening
* Almond extract may be substituted, if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk,
vanilla extract and sugar. Knead dough, and form it into balls with a cherry wrapped
in the middle. The balls should be approximately the size of walnuts.
- Place balls in the freezer to chill.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening together.
- Dip the cooled balls into the chocolate.
- Let cool on parchment paper.